2/6/09

Now What Do We Call It?



Now What Do We Call It?

Here's a great post from a friend, Jack Flynn:

If the Mets' naming-rights deal with Citigroup eventually falls through, what will the franchise christen its new stadium while it waits for a new corporate sponsor to step in? It's a question that's been tossed about for a few weeks, and one that my very few loyal readers have been asking me to chime in about.

I think it's easier to begin by eliminating something that I wouldn't go for. I certainly don't want anything or anyone connected to the Brooklyn Dodgers to grace the marquee of the new stadium. That eliminates Jackie Robinson Stadium, Gil Hodges Park or anything else that makes me think of Ebbets Field.

more: http://productiveouts.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A number of people have been calling the stadium that the Mets will call mome in 2009 "Shea Stadium". Those listening to the comment knew what was refered to.
It works.