5/25/09

Q&A with Mack




Q: from Kim: How do you determne which possible draft player is ranked abouve the rest of them? Do you attend the games?

Mack: Thanks Kim. Actually, I haven't attended one college game this year. I determine this list through a mathematical formular I use, averaging in the top lists, mock drafts, etc. from over 25 other sournces, like MiLB.com, BaseballAmerica.com. CollegeBaseballBlog.com, ProjectProspect.com, Rivals.com, etc. Their not my picks, but theirs.


Q: From Rod: I see you put the links on newspaper stories you add, but a lot of the minor league information doesn't have links. Why?

Mack: Thanks Kim: That information comes from press releases I receive directly from the teams.


Q: From Adam: You update your Mets prospect list every month. In your opinion, how many "sure bets" are there in the Mets system?

Mack: Good question Adam. Nothing is a sure bet, but... in my opinion... CF Fernando Martinez, and SP Bradley Holt look like the real deal. Others seem to have a higher celing, but they are far away and you just can't predict how they will fair at upper levels.


Q: From Rock: Is Nick Evans a future major league first baseman and will the Mets trade for another SP before the July drop dead date?

Mack: Rock, in my opinion, no to the first part of your question, but he has a chance to be a DH.

On the other question, the Mets will try to, but they simply don't have enough to offer at the higher minor league levels to pull off a blockbuster.


Q: From Quincy: Will Jerry Manuel be back next year?

Mack: Let me put it this way, Quincy. If the Mets don't make the playoffs, both he and Omar will depart gracefully.


send your questions to macksmets@gmail.com and you'll make next week's Q&A

No comments: