10/10/10

Sunday Morning Take Out the Garbage

I think I'm going to take the rest of Sunday off, unless something really important happens in Met-land.

This was a very interesting week.


One new writer (David Rubin) joined Mack's Mets and one more (Teddy Dzubia) returned.


David is one of the original Mets bloggers and was the creator of a great "back in the day" site, Shea Nation. David is one of the most intelligent Mets writers on the beat and it's an honor to have him with us. Frankly, I will now be able to concentrate on the minor leagues and draft, while David will keep you informed about the parent team. That doesn't mean he won't chime in about the kiddies either. A great free agent pick up for Mack's Mets.


The return of Teddy Zoo-bah is icing on the cake. He easily in the past was the best ex-Met writing on the site. He also was the only one. Seriously, Teddy gives Mack's Mets a player's insight into the game, not found on most web sites  Thanks Teddy, for signing back up.


On a sour note, my part time job dried up on day one. Long story not worth telling. Anyway, it's your gain, though I still gotta figure out a way to pay the bills around here.


We'll be finishing up our Q&As this week with many of the Mets minor league players . We've reached a new high in 2010, with 35 interviews, counting the ones I'm still taking. I like to leave the players alone during the season, so we won't have this feature again until this time next year.


Regarding the draft, my new mock draft will come out on October 15th.


I want to thank my good friend "Hobie" for sending the first donation for the 2011 ST trip. The goal is to raise $4000 so I can spend 30 days at St. Lucie and do the best job I can. Hobie sent $50, so there's $3950 left to go. Naturally, all the money will be returned if the new Mets management team doesn't issue me credentials (I've had them for three years) or if I don't raise enough money for the trip.


You may be noticing that there aren't anymore pictures of the draft kids on my posts. I've been getting a fair amount of emails from upset photographers who have asked that I not use their photos without permission. I fully understand their request, but it would take me too long to check each photo out, so I 86'd the pics. For now, I am only using photos I have taken and ones from Michael G. Baron, SNY and http://www.metsbog/ photographer.


If any of you prospects, or uncles/fathers of kids i have written about, can send me a photo with permission, I will gladly add it to my post.

No comments: