5/24/12

Mack and Company - 2012 #1 Draft Pick


MackMack’s Mets -    Who will be the number one pick in the 2012 MLB Draft?

Joshua Sussman Bullpen Banter - Kevin Gausman. Astros are looking for pitching

Sadiq Rahman Mack’s Mets - I think the Astros are going to go    with Mark Appel, not because he is the best player available, but because they are impatient and Buxton is more of a project than a safe pick like Appel. In my opinion, Appel has always been a little hyped up. I am not 100% certain he's that much better than Kevin Gausman. The best player in this draft is Byron Buxton but the number one pick in the 2012 draft is Stanford ace Mark Appel

Bill James reader - Mark Appel will go to the Houston Astros for the number 1 pick of the 2012 MLB draft


Joe D - Mets Merized - Mack,I don't really follow the draft prospects as closely as some do. I asked my draft guys and Craig Lerner chose Kevin Gausman, Ben Yoel said Byron Buxton, and Nick Pugliese likes Mark Appel. - Joe

Rock RuckerBaseball Player - Either Mark Appel, Carlos Correa,  or Byron Buxton

Stephen Guilbert Mack’s Mets - Will be: Mark Appel… Should be: Mike Zunino… Could be: Byron Buxton

Teddy Dziuba ex-NY Mets - Sorry Mack, haven't kept up on this year's draft class.  For the sake of my baseball card collection, I wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Gausman go top 5 though.

Jack Flynn Mack’s Mets - I do not know the answer to this question! I like high school hitters and college pitchers, so if I'm Houston I'm looking at Byron Buxton or Mark Appel 

Matthew Grabusky MLB Draft Guide – Mack, all signs seem to be pointing to Mark Appel

Courtney Hawkins - baseball player - Mark Appel.

David Rubin - Mack’s Mets - Mark Appel - simply because I don't think that any of the players that we'd all really like will be available at #12, and a certain catcher we've all heard about seems to project elsewhere, position-wise. Wow- what a crap-shoot THIS draft is going to be for us!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get Courtney Hawkin to contribute? He is a BOSS!
AND HE MIGHT BE A MET!!

Mack Ade said...

It's Hawkins...

We asked.

BTW - full Q and A with Courtney and Stephen Guilbert being posted tomorrow