5/22/12

Nach's Notes

Under the setting sun right off the Hudson, line drive after line drive to left center finally I had to say "Billy, that's enough. My hand hurts like a bitch." The perils of not swinging a bat for months at a time comes back to bite you in the ass when you finally decide to step up to the plate (literally) and take some hacks. Ask the blisters on my hands. Quite frankly, I was actually amazed to make contact, forget about the hard contact I was making in BP. It made me realize again just how good professional baseball players were. I was spraying line drives all over the field but there was no way that I could turn it up a "Nach" and decide when I wanted to hit em out of the park. It's crazy how good these guys are, how much bigger, faster and stronger they are then us regular folk. I will tell you, it was a great feeling being back out on the field, even if it was just for one day. I miss it.


I'll be the first to admit, I was wrong about Ike this year. I totally thought that he was going to be up there as one of the best overall first basemen in MLB. Unfortunately, he has no where lived up to that billing and the Double D's duo have yet to live up to my expectations as a whole. I still in my heart of hearts think that both will be extremely productive, professional hitters in the major leagues. I just hope its sooner rather then later when they do it for another big league club.


Stanner and Clipper pride is riding high in Major League Baseball this year. Between Baxter for the Mets and Aviles for the Sawx, its nice to see that hard work and dedication really pays off. I had the chance to speak and work out with Aviles during our Fall practices a couple years back and he is one of the nicest and down to earth individuals you will ever meet. Hanging around the cage, giving us tips, bsing about different pitchers that he faced, you would have never thought he was a big leaguer.


I liked Mack's article in regards to trading David Wright. He is 100% accurate in that major league baseball is a business however, as fans we need somebody to identify with. Wright is a proven commodity who despite some struggles has succeeded at the major league level unlike these prospects who have yet to prove that they belong. You often see these big trades never working out. Right now if I'm trading D. Wright, please give me Mike Trout to start off the deal.


Prediction of the week: Jeremy Hafner will get his first big league win and Ike Davis will go yard off a lefty to left field!

No comments: