1/23/14

UPDATE - Matt Harvey


"Everything is going well. I haven't had the slightest setback. I'm itching to get back out and pick up a baseball again. Whatever the doc says, I've got to follow those rules.

I think I get to start the plyometrics pretty soon, which would be actually kind of throwing something but in a training room, which is exciting," said Harvey. "Obviously this has been the longest time I haven't been able to throw anything. At this point, I've switched over from doing my normal five-pound weights to a little bit heavier weight. That's always good as an athlete. You get happy when you see the weight start to creep up. Everything feels great and I'm excited to shoot down to Spring Training."

I'm definitely looking forward to Spring Training and seeing everybody bond and mesh together, and I'm excited to see what [Travis] d'Arnaud and [Zack] Wheeler and younger guys that will step in and have a lot more impact this year. I think it's going to be really fun to watch, and I'm looking forward to getting back and joining all those guys."


Mack – Look, there isn’t any bad news here, though he can only lift a two pound weight and probably has sex while on the bottom. Still, he’s on target and should be back on the mound sometime in September. Sorry… you won’t see him even if the Mets make the playoffs.

No comments: