2/27/14

Thoughts on Jon Niese MRI Results



The Mets dodged a big 2014 bullet today.

LHP Jon Niese's MRI came back negative and doctors said all he will need is 'a couple of weeks' rest before resuming his spring schedule.

This will slow things down and probably will create a situation where the Mets could break camp without him, but, my guess he'll be back in the rotation by mid-April, latest.

So, let's say there are two starts (maybe three) that he will miss. My guess right now is Dice-K and Jenrry Mejia are fighting it out for the SP5. Who fills in here?  John Lannan?  Rafael Montero?

I love these kind of problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't count Montero out just yep.....from what I'm hearing out of camp, the front office is going to give him a legitimate chance, albeit still an outside one, to break camp with the team

Mack Ade said...

I agree with you Chris.

I'm told ALL thee energy coming out of the clubhouse is positive and the players are loose... AND, team leaders like Wright and Harvey are BIG Montero fans.