6/7/10

My Mets Guess For Tonight

Well, I might as well make a guess or two after compiling all this stuff all year.

The first thing is... Bryce Harper, Mannay Machado, and Jameson Taillon will, in some order, be the first three players picked.

My guess on the first Mets pick depends on whether C Yasmani Grandal is still available when the 7th pick comes around. If he is, I  believe the Mets will pick him as their future catcher.

If Grandal is gone, my guess is OF Bryce Brentz. I don't think the Mets care if the experts think they pick someone too early. They want who they feel will fit their team the best, especially after already developing a futre first baseman (Ike Davis) and a probably second baseman (either Reese Havens or Ruben Tejada). Josh sale would be a good pick also, but I think Omar has man-love for Brentz.

The next Mets pick doesn't come until the third round... the 89th pick.

My guess, if the Mets pick Grandal on in the first round, is RHP Sam Dyson.

If Grandal is gone, my guess for the 89th pick is C Cam Rupp.

Mack

No comments: