10/4/10

I Can't Believe I Let Someone From Far Rockaway On Here

Mack's Mets welcomes...


David Rubin & Jonathan Elfenbein



Gender: Male


Astrological Sign: Leo


Industry: Human Resources


Occupation: Restaurant Chain Training Director


Location: So Cal & So Florida : California/ Florida : United States


About Me


David:I am an over-40, LONG time passionate lover of the Mets (and my wife, when I'm not giving all my lovin' to my favorite team, the Metsies of Flushing, or my favorite football team, those Giants of NY/NJ). I've raised two amazing girls, one of whom just got married, the other one finishing her undergrad degree and becoming either a teacher or psycologist, and they are my 2 biggest & brightest accomplishments. Their "highlight films" would be #1 and #2, followed closely by the 1986 Mets' season & Giants Super Bowl wins, of course! My late father is to blame for my fanaticism, something I will thank him for until my dying day- and every time the Mets or Giants lose, that's what it feels like! Jonathan: Originally from Far Rockaway, I now reside in sunny Florida, home of Hurricanes (natural disaster), Hurricanes (college football team) and Port St. Lucie Mets! My lovely wife has given me three beautiful kids (I HOPE I had something to do with it!) I've been a Mets' fan since birth, and my dad, like David's, graduated Tilden High in Brooklyn, like Willie- and that's the ONLY reason why we've tolerated him so long! Don't hate me because I'm a Jets fan, though!!


Well, maybe they don't need them, but don't you think that some fish might like a bicycle?


They might like a bike, but if they needed to get around faster, why not a 'Vette?!

5 comments:

David Rubin said...

Mack- Jon's only FROM Far Rock- he lives in Florida right now!! And he won't be writing too much, but he WILL be contributing from time to time- and thanks for the "big welcome!"

Mack Ade said...

do you have any idea how many gang wars I was in on the 102nd Street beach...

Ozone Park Saints

B.A.S.S.

L.A.M.F.

David Rubin said...

My mom taught in Far Rockaway, at Brian Piccolo Intermediate School, IS53, in a, shall we say, not so wonderful neighborhood...my dad was lucky enough to teach in Belle Harbor, so I know that area well, and I was born in Woodhaven (ordained a Mets' fan for life)!!

Mack Ade said...

I used to bowl every Friday night at the Woodhaven Lanes... then eat at the diner on Metropolitan Ave.

Jonelf said...

Hi Mack

Thanks for the cool welcome. Far Rockaway was a great place to grow up if you want to learn how to run fast. As in Run from gangs. Now thats gangsta.
I was on Beach 20th
Boca is the place for me now