10/3/10

Q&A Weekend: - Erik Goeddel

Steve Smith asked:  -  I just read your weekend Q&A on players missing from instruction league. Where's Erik Goeddel? I think he should be there with Harvey and Peavey? Also, where do you think he'll be pitching next year, and as a starter or reliever? He could of been a first-round pick if he went back to UCLA for his senior year.

You're right. Where is he?

Normally, I would say I'd do some digging, but everything is shut down right now waiting on Monday. No one's talking about nuthin'.

The last I had heard was that Goeddell was going to play the Mets as a reliever and he is currently projected to play 2011 in Brooklyn.

This was a very interesting pick. First of all, Goeddell was a high school legend and easily would have been a first rounder if he didn't go under for TJS. Secondly, no one in baseball expected him to sign with anyone because he really needed another year in college to fully rehab the arm.

The Met picked him in the 24th round, and I just shrugged it off as a wasted pick, but, low and behold, they signed him.

Goeddell could be a real diamond in the rough and I'll let you know if he surfaces on any of the winter league rosters.

No comments: