5/9/13

Mack Ade – Morning Report – 5-9-13


A few thoughts…

-          Doing well.  I will give you a ring later this week.  In midterms right now.  Life as a student at Stanford.   - Austin Wilson 


       -          Thank you everyone who supported me and the team throughout all the years. I never thought this would come to an end. But I wouldn't want to end it in any other uniform or with any other team. No matter what happens in the future the only thing I know for sure is that I was a Panther, and was proud of it. And ending with an overall record of 87-24 isn't too bad either. Again thank you to everyone who supported me through these years it's been great playing at Eustis. Go panthers – Chris Okey               




-          the annual Aderlin Rodriguez rally has begun. He hit his 5th homerun of the season, raising his BA to .218 and his slugging percentage to .437. The good news is his last 10 game stat line: .325/.378/.650/1.028, but we’ve seen this a couple of times before, right. Look, I’m the guy that said for two years that he was the best bat in the system. He still may be when the bat hits the ball. Two years ago, he struck out 106 times in 516 at bats. Last year it was 101-K in 471-AB. This year, he’s cut that down drastically, K-ing only 22 times in 119 at bats. Still, the best contacts I have regarding this system either live in St. Lucie or scout that league and, no one… I repeat, no one has any faith in this guy as a future major league baseball player (yeah I know dude… I’m being negative again… blah blah blah…). I am not offering you any opinions here other than the ones of people that get paid to evaluate talent at this level and they constantly remind me not to get carried away if Rodriguez hits 20-25 home runs (24 last year) again. There simply isn’t a position on a baseball field he can master. He’s still mostly playing third base with an occasional stint at first base. This is his fifth year stateside and he’s still playing A+. He turns 23 in November and plays the same position (badly) as David Wright. Lastly, (again) according to scouts, no one is sent to Lucy to track him. The best home run hitter in the history of the Mets Sand Gnats history and the only person who wasn’t intimidated by Grayson Stadium. Sad. 




       -          we may want to keep an eye on another streaky hitter, OF Travis Taijeron. He’s hitting only .273 for the season (St. Lucie), but his last 10 games (.394/.524/.788/1.312) earned him POTW in the Florida League. Taijerson had a wonderful 2012 in Savannah (.299, 230-AB, 12-HR, 44-RBI) and, if I remember correctly, he was the first guy sent to Lucy that season. He cooled off at the next level (.203) which happens to a lot of people, and he got off to a slow start this year (April - .228), but the bat I came to love here in Savannah seems to be alive again in Florida. God, wouldn’t it be nice if someone came out of the cracks and became a much needed outfield prospect with an ETA of 2015? 


-          Both Jeff Sullivan (Sully Baseball) and Matt Grabusky (Big League Futures) will be adding their comments to my targets players for the draft that begins next Monday. First up will be Stanford OF Austin Wilson. Remember… every day at 2pm.







Check this out...

Here is the scouting report on Tom Seaver by... Tommy Lasorda

Really kewl shit.

No comments: