12/31/23

SAVAGE VIEWS – HOLIDAY BLUES

 

This holiday season I decided to take my mind off the doings of my favorite team by listening to some of my favorite songs.  

I’m sure you remember: 

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS” by Spike Jones and The City Slickers.  

It goes something like this:

All I want for Christmas is Two SPs, Two SPs

 All I want for Christmas is Two SPs, Two SPs

 If I got Two SPs, I’d have a Happy New Year.

Another favorite, also by Spike Jones is “Nuttin for Christmas”.   

To paraphrase the words:

We’re getting nuttin for Christmas,

We’re getting nuttin for Christmas, because Tom and Mack are mad. 

We’re getting nuttin for Christmas and Mets fans are sad.


Switching gears, John Lennon was singing “War is Over”.

So this is Christmas

And what have you done

Another year over

A new one’s begun

Let’s hope it’s a good one

A Merry, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

War is over, War is over

Yamamoto’s a Bum, so is Glasgow

War is over, the Bums have won


Finally, I heard Barbra Streisand version of “I Wonder as I Wander”.

Mets fans are wandering through the Winter Wonderland wondering what happened to their Christmas presents this year.  Could it be that we will be celebrating Little Christmas on January 6th? 

Gosh, I can’t wait to see what treasures David Stearns and his elves have in store for us.

A Happy New Year to one and all

Ray

December 31, 2023

7 comments:

Mack Ade said...

What about...

"War.. good god... all of the pitchers have none

Tom Brennan said...

....Listen to me. Nobody's listening, Mack.

Ray, loved your article. Happy New Year. Edwin will fix everything in 2024.

Need pitching? Check out my article at 11 AM.

Tom Brennan said...

The Bums? Sunshine, palm trees, and 2 Ichiro-level Japanese warriors

Rds 900. said...

Actually, da Bums.

Mack Ade said...

Search out my great post on my visit to Vero Beach to see the abandoned spring home of the team I first loved

Mack Ade said...

Title

Dodgertoen Revisited

TexasGusCC said...

Mack, this is as far as I can go. The link to your piece isn’t active.

https://macksmets.blogspot.com/2013/09/mack-ade-am-report-9-2-13-daniel-bard.html