2/10/09

Interview - MMP # 23 - SP Jake Ruckle




I had a chance this week to talk with Mack’s Mets Prospect # 23, SP Jake Ruckle, who most probably will return to the B-Mets starting rotation this spring. As we all know, Jake went down on May 20,2008, with a shoulder injury that shelved him for the remainder of the year. Naturally, like all injured minor leagues, he quickly was removed from most of the prospect lists out their on the internet, but that didn’t both Jake. All he did was dedicate himself to the rehab program set up by the Mets’ doctors.

Jake just finished a drive across the country, with Nick Evans, and has arrived at Tradition Field for the 2009 season.

Ruckle, who turns 23 in May, has done very little wrong in his four seasons with the Mets, compiling a combined 24-16, 3.26, 1.19 record with four clubs.

Mack: How did the rehab go and how does the arm feel?

Ruckle: My arm is feeling better every day and i truly feel that my rehab went excellent. Right now i am still in the process of building my arm strength but it is coming along great......

Mack: I all assume you'll be back in the B-Met rotation... have you any word on that yet?

Ruckle: I feel that if i have no set backs during spring training then i should have a very good chance being back in the B-Mets rotation. I have not heard anything. I think it all depends on my health and how spring goes.......

Mack: Things are getting awfully crowded in the rotations of the AA-A levels... have you had any thoughts or discussions about going to the pen?

Ruckle: The rotation is definitely getting jammed, but i feel that i still belong in it. I have no problem going to the pen if that is what the Mets wanted from me. Whatever they want me to do I will do it to my best ability and with everything i got...

Mack: Tell the general fan who hasn't experienced "The Ruckle Shuffle" what that's all about...

Ruckle: The Ruckle Shuffle is just simply me trying to create some front side deception. Make the hitters have a harder time picking the ball up...

Mack: You seem to have s strong family structure behind you... sure helps, doesn't it?

Ruckle: I definitely 100% have a very strong, supportive, and caring family. They all seem to be involved and supportive in what i do. It helps out quite a bit and i wouldn't want it any other way.
__________________
Mack

No comments: