3/10/10

More on Todays Game

-Braves RP Kris Medien shout down the Mets real good for three innings... no hits, no runs, two walks, and two strikeouts...

-Not to be outdone, Nieve gave up two runs and his ERA for the spring, after two innings today, is the same as Niese... 7.71.

-Daniel Murphy is 2-3 in his first three at bats today and has raised his ST BA to .200

-It's interesting that Ruben Tejada (.368) is playing second base today, with Russ Adams (.714) playing short...  this could easily be a sneek peak at who will start OD at SS if Jose's thyroid doesn't chill...

-If you thought every writer went Mejia crazy earlier this week... wait until you see what happens with Chris Carter....  hit a double and knocked another run in...  it's funny, I spent 5 days at camp for pitchers and catchers and I truly believe I was the only reporter that spent any time with this kid...  my into to him was on my earlier trip for a mini-camp...  a ball went bouncing off the roof of the minor league complex and I asked one of the coaches who the hell hit that... he answered, without pause, "oh, that has to be Carter... he does that all the time..."

No comments: