9/1/11

David Einhorn Statement

“I am disappointed to announce that I will not be purchasing an ownership interest in the New York Mets baseball team at this time. It is clear that it will not be possible for me to consummate the transaction on the terms that the Sterling-Mets organization and I originally agreed to several months ago. The extensive nature of changes that were proposed to me at the last minute has made a successful transaction impossible.



“I want to thank the entire Mets organization and Major League Baseball for their efforts. This experience will always be a happy memory for me because of the Mets’ fans. A good number of you have reached out to offer me encouragement. I will always be touched by the warmth that you showed me.”

1 comment:

Charles said...

Wow...shocker? Nope. Wonder if the Wilpons had a second thought about the possible path to ownership if they couldn't repay the 200 mill. Who knows the actual details, but thats my theory. If that situation was true, as it was reported, there is no way a bleeding franchise would have had the funds necessary to repay Einhorn the original 200 million dollar investment. There majority stake was way too vunerable under those stipulations, and thus the last minute changes. What a waste of time for everyone involved and also the fans. Same old, same old...