9/3/11

Q and A: - OF - Eris Peguero


The off-season has began for some of the teams and, with it, come the return of my annual questions and answers with various Met minor leaguers (who knows, maybe we’ll get a few major leaguers in here to).



First up is Outfielder Eris Peguero, who made his Mets debut this past season with the DSL1 team. He was second in the team in BA (.308) and basically had an outstanding first professional season.


We talked briefly this week:


Mack Ade: - Good morning everybody. We're talking this morning with outfielder Eris Peguero, who just finished playing his first season for the DSLMets. Good morning Eris. How are you and are you back home now?


Eris Peguero - Hello good day, thank God because I am well, I'm home resting since the season out.


Mack Ade: Tell us about your first season with the Mets


Eris PegueroI For me, has been a great experience because it is my first professional season ever. It’s something I’ve wanted from my early age and thank God I make my first step as professional.


Mack Ade - You hit .308 for the DSL1 team in 237 at bats and also had only three errors in the outfield. Do you consider yourself a good defensive player?


Eris PegueroI - First, thank God that kept me healthy throughout the season. Since it was my first season as a professional. I consider myself a good defensive playerbut I acknowledge I have to learn a lot more. Trust and Faith.


It’s obvious that faith plays a big part in Eris’s game. Age wise, he should come stateside next spring.

No comments: