11/19/11

Dirty Laundry, I May be Wrong, But, Adam Rubin, Matt Cerrone, Rule 5, Valentino, Vinnie Buddbatz


Dirty Laundry:

1. I added some new posts lately I call “Flash” posts. They are posted when some hot news comes in and I want to get the info up right away. Most of them will be less of a paragraph long, but will have a link if you want to chase the story. I try to avoid them from 8am-2pm, when the feature posts are up each day.

2. Sorry about my flame out on both Adam Rubin and Matt Cerrone. Ruben is the quintessence of Mets reporters but he’s also a putz. I wanted to tell a story about how he treated me and the post went viral. Cerrone defended Rubin which is just his way of being a beat reporter. The problem is he isn’t. He’s just a blogger like me that happened to be hired by a media platform to… err…blog. Yes, it cost me in the community but fuck em’ if they can’t take a joke.

………………………………………………………….

I May Be Wrong, But…

1. The Mets resigned 1B-OF Val Pascucci. Look, I know he’s a big fan favorite in Buffalo, and the Bisons are not happy being a Mets AAA affiliate. Their agreement runs out at the end of 2012 so anything goes here. They started out last year with a killer team, but due to injuries in Queens, the Buffalo Bisons became the New York Mets. The Mets didn’t want tu upset the training applecart in Binghamton, so then the Buffalo Bisons became the Buffal Has-Beens, just like they were a year before. Pascucci plays 3B (Zack Lutz), 1B (Allan Dykstra), and both corner outfield (Raul Reyes, Fernandon Martinez, Juan Lagares) positions, but will probably be used rotationally at all positions, A September call-up, he had 21 homers and 91 RBIs for Buffalo this past season

2. The Mets signed Vinny Rottino. I guess this is the new Nick Evans. Better than that, he also catches and bats right, so, if the Mets can’t land a better alternative , this will be the guy that platoons with Josh Thole. Also plays first (who doesn’t?), third and both corner outfielders (can a brother get a center fielder?). And ex-Marlin with a little pop and decent speed on the bases. What can I say? This is your 2012 Mets.

3. Robert Carson, Jeurys Familia, Wilmer Flores, Reese Havens, Juan Lagares, Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Cesar Puello were placed on the 40-man to avoid the December Rule 5 Draft. Missing were P Collin McHugh, IF Jefry Marte, and P Brad Holt. My first thoughts were about how much talent the Mets had to pick from here. This is a very good sign. Holt deserves a second chance with some team that will just leave him alone and let him pitch. I think McHugh will be back, and I hope the same for Marte, who stands a decent chance of being drafted.

4 comments:

USMF said...

I live in Rochester and was very happy when the Mets AAA moved to Buffalo.

I've got to see Duda, F-Mart, Mejia and others play and develop. I was actually at the game that Mejia blew out his arm.

I will say that between injuries at the AAA level and call ups to the Mets, the quality dropped dramatically.

Living in upstate NY, people love to complain and always think the grass is greener. Buffalo hasn't had anything to cheer for for a long. I really think a good year with Backman and some possible call up from the lower system will stop all the complaints.

As for Rubin and Cerrone, who cares? I'm not a Cerrone "hater" but I've never really seen any real quality from his Blog. Sadly, the longer he works for SNY, the more he's part of the "establishment" everyday.

Rubin is a putz and always has been. He's never been anything more than an average beat reporter how got made famous by Omar's mishandling of the Tony Bernazaird t worth learning to spell it right).

Most of these guys how put themselves "above" the average blogger, do nothing more than tweet and repost other peoples speculations as legit rumors.

Mack Ade said...

the thing most Mets fans don't realiz is the fact that Buffalo built their stadium believing they were going to be granted a MAJOR league team... and... they had a damn good run with the affiliate they were associated with before the Mets.

I live outside of Savannah and it's been tough for the people that live here. They all are Braves fans and the Sand Gnats have been associated with, like, six different teams in the last 12-13 years. Just not fair.

Charles said...

I would think it's the nature of the beast having playes constantly promoted from these teams. It must be hard on the fans. I really don't understand what it's like, having never lived near a minor league team(other then the L.I. Ducks which are independent and do fabulous attendance wise). Unfortunately, the best players will never stick too long on these teams and unless a minor league system is seriously stocked at all levels with talent, these specific teams (ex. Buffalo Bisons) will always have varying degrees of success and failure.

Anonymous said...

Mack -

Nobody better than you. Enough said. Keep up the good work, please - us Mets fans need and appreciate it.