5/22/09

Martinez or Not

First of all, I wish they'd let the kid hit the snot off the ball in AAA for the rest of the year.

On the other hand...

Why not?

He can't be worse than Jeremy Reed or Angel Pagan, I know in my heart he won't run into Carlos Beltran, and he can catch a ball better than Daniel Murphy.

It's becoming another one of those mash unit Mets seasons I really hate. This is the main reason I've moved most of my content here to the minors.

On the other hand... I love covering the Mets farm system, but in reality, there isn't much there at the high levels right now. Martinez and Niese (who got bombed tonight) are the only AAA players that may make a decent name for themselves in baseball, and AA really only has one right now, Brad Holt. There's plenty of young kids that show ceiling, but so did Alex Escobar.

So, if Church is out and the Phils are beating the Yankees, and Murphy is now the
1st baseman, and... jeez, what the hell happened to this team?

Bring him up.

Put him in Right.

Play Tatis in Left

Rest Reyes until he's healthy.

And get on the phone for an SP.

No comments: