1/17/11

I May Be Wrong But…


1. I have to think that the signing of Tank McNamara has to put the last spike in Ollie’s coffin. His only chance of sticking was as a LOOGY and, even with a bad 2010, Tank’s lefty vs. lefty stats are better. Maybe the Mets can at least assign Perez to managing Bobby Bo’s portfolio.


2. Re: some catcher named Chavez…. No one gets more excited when the Mets sign a new ball player, and, after doing this for as long as I have, no one knows more about this sport than people like me, but you just can’t get excited when they sign a player you have to first look up on Baseball Cube to find out who the fuck he is…


3. David Rubin said it best about Willie HarrisJeff Francoeur with no pop.


4. Other than Chris Young, I think the 2011 Mets are done. This is probably the team you will root for this year. Lots of “Ifs” here, but that’s fine. No one is expecting much out of this crew.


5. It seems to me that the entire makeup of the future Mets might change around June. Take the top three draft picks in the first two rounds and add to that possibly two each prospects for Beltran and Jose… the Mets could instantly be reinvented… Matt HarveyJenry Mejia… 7 new studs…


6. I’m really having a hard time staying focused about all this. I just haven’t come back from the loss of my press credentials. Not making money on this site is one thing, but not being recognized for what I do hurts even more.

No comments: