11/7/11

Q and A with Mack and... SS Chad Zurcher


Mack:  Hey folks, we're talking today with the Mets pick in the 33rd round of the 2011 sraft, Chad Zurcher. Hey Chad. Home resting?

 Zurcher: Yep. I guess you call it resting. I have been hitting the weights since I got home from instructs so just working out and working every day to get better.

Mack:  On the Nitro Plan?

 Zurcher:  Definitely on the Nitro Plan with a few additions. I am working out with a guy I work with that is getting his masters in that area so he helps me a lot.

Mack: Chad, we've all watched the video and know how excited Daron Schoenrock was when you were drafted... what was it like for you?

 Zurcher:  It was crazy. Had a long second day waiting to be drafted and it never happened but I've learned everything happens for a reason and I'm glad to be a Met!

( here’s what Chad told me the day he was drafted by the Mets:

“Today has been unbelievable. The feeling I felt when Erwin Bryant called and said we are going to take you with our first back of the 3rd day cannot be put into words. Day was an emotional roller coaster thinking something was going to happen but it never did. It was a relief to be off the board quickly on day 3. I want to thank the Mets for the opportunity to live out a dream and I cannot wait to begin the journey to join the Big League club in the near future!”)

Mack:  Chad, we all here how much of a difference the pro grind is to school... is it true?

 Zurcher: yea I would say it’s true. The positive is not having to worry about school work all the time, but pro ball really is a job. We put in a lot of work on an individual basis and team basis the day of a game. With the days being so long you have to make sure you eat right and get proper rest so you feel good come game time. Also, it’s a game every day not 3 to 5 games a week. I do not complain about it though!

Mack:  Chad, let's talk shortstop. It's well known that Sandy Alderson believes the organization is light in middle of the infield talent. That being said, you were a breath of fresh air last year. Do you see yourself sticking at short as you move up or could you be one of the 56,495 people the Mets have moved to 2B in the past 5 years?

 Zurcher:  I feel as though I can stick at short if I continue to get stronger and improve my arm a little. I got a lot of work in with Kevin Morgan at instructs and I believe in myself enough to be a shortstop if I continue to improve every day.

Mack:  Lastly Chad... anything you want to say to the Mets fans out there...

 Zurcher:  I just want to say thanks for the support that I've gotten in person, on Facebook and on twitter. Hopefully I will be able to help this organization for a long time!

No comments: