12/19/11

2012 and Beyond - The Future 20


By Mack Ade

My intention here at Mack’s Mets is to turn this into a local version of The Hardball Times. I want nothing but original material, written by intelligent fans that began their allegiance here as message men.

In addition one Met farmhand, 3B Brian Harrison, has agreed to join the site and add his thoughts on being a Met minor league player in particular, and a professional baseball player in general. I hope that it will be a weekly feature. I also have feelers out to some of my “friends” who I have interviewed in the past, but we’ll have to wait to see if they bite the hook. I’m even contacting some of the key prep and college players that are projected as a high round pick.

I know I can count of David Groveman for five posts a week beginning in spring training. David Rubin says he’s good for three more a week. I’m good for 10 a week, Monday through Friday. I will continue the team comparisons on possible trade match-ups that will carry the site through January. I also will write five original posts, every Monday-Friday that post up at 12noon EST.

For 2012, Saturdays and Sundays will be fill-ins with pasted stuff like “The Keepers,” “Draft Profiles,” “Fantasy Updates,” Baseball “cut-and-paste” five-packs and Mets “cut-and-paste" cut and pastes. Hopefully, as we expand we can improve in these areas also.

Original material will be featured Mon-Fri, beginning each Mon-Fri at 8am and ending at 10pm. That’s eight posts a day times five workdays which equals 40 posts. I have 10, Groveman will have 5 and Rubin will open up with 3. That’s 18 down with 22 to go between the other writers.

We also need more writers here to accomplish our goals ... PLEASE email me at macksmets@gmail.com and we can discuss this. This is how I started at NYFS.


One of the new
weekly features during the season will be a recap of the weekly accomplishments of the key 20 players in the pipeline that are the future of this organization. It will post sometime on Monday. So far, my list consists of pitchers Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler, Jeurys Familia, Jenrry Mejia and Michael Fulmer. I’ve since added 2B Reese Havens, OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis, OF Matt den Dekker, OF Cesar Puello and RP Josh Edgin. I will recap their weekly accomplishments and hopefully get them to chime in a few thoughts for themselves.
I've already got a confirmation from SP Akeel Morris that he will gladly participate.

Here’s where I need your input. Who should be the next 10? I’m not looking for people that will begin the 2012 season in Queens. I want players that can help this team dominate in 2014 and beyond.

Joe D over at Mets Merized has built his site on original thoughts. Matt Cerrone’s MetsBlog has degraded into a cut-n-paste wasteland where readers simply click on due to their connection with SNY. I’d like us to go down the same road Joe has, with continued emphasis on the Mets' minor league system. Subjects like fantasy baseball, baseball in general, Mets history, college and high school prospects, overseas leagues and baseball law are just some of the things up for grabs.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Mack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the direction you have outlined.

Michael Scannell said...

I'd like to see Phil Evans included, even if he is in short-season ball.