12/23/11

Mack - I May Be Wrong, But ... Yasmani, Conlin, David, Jose, 2012




I May Be Wrong, But …
MLS Bonus Baby is in the midst of doing a community re-draft of the 2010 draft and SP Matt Harvey was picked …

1. Bryce Harper, OF, Nationals … 2. Manny Machado, SS/3B, Orioles … 3. Jameson Taillon, RHP, Pirates … 4. Taijuan Walker, RHP, Mariners … 5. Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Rockies … 6. James Paxton, LHP, Mariners … 7. Yasmani Grandal, C, SD … 8. Matt Harvey, P, NYM.

Nice showing, but, I’m telling you, Grandal was the pick.


I find it both interesting and sad that the beat writer community has taken the stance to ignore reporting about the sex charges against their fellow writer Bill Conlin. Come on guys, where are all the unfunny one-liners on Twitter that you report while on the clock for your cash-paying job? Yeah, I know, he’s innocent before being proved guilty. Well, that didn’t stop you with all the ballplayers you have trashed.


Folks. There is no David Wright trade. There will be no David Wright trade. I know David Wright. David Wright doesn’t know who the hell I am. Some nobody who wrote this is no David Wright. There simply isn’t enough to write about this time of the year so some people just make things up. They’re not bad people. They’re just lazy.
Did you notice Jose Reyes’s last quote in a Miami paper? “We have a lot of talent there and the new stadium, the weather, close to Dominican, a lot of Spanish people there, so I think I'm going to like it and enjoy it as much as I can.” You mean, there weren’t enough Spanish people in the NYC metro area?

God, I’m in a bad mood today.

Lastly, I don't know about you, but I'm having a tough time staying focused on this team.

We have a writer here on Mack's Mets named Jack Flynn. Jack has his own blog - Productive Outs and Crackerjack - and is one hell of a writer, but he put the pen down about a year simply because he started hating this team, in general, and the Wilpons, in particular. I talked Jack back to this site, and he's now the Editor here. Yeah, that's right. A prolific Mets writer would rather be an editor than write about this mess.

Jack and I are starting to have a lot in common.

2 comments:

Jack Flynn said...

I went and plugged my blog, because every time it shows up on your site I get anywhere from 10 to 20 times more daily readers that usual. Seriously!

The editor gig suits my time and my temperament right now, although I'm having a hell of a time getting a consistent font and point size. Blogger has a mind of its own sometimes. I have a lot of respect for you and the other guys, who keep plugging away and finding new and interesting angles to consider.

Mack Ade said...

I'm running out Jack...

I'm running out... :)