1/16/12

I May Be Wrong, But… Gio, NY Giants, Japhet Amador, Donations



·        I saw that the Nats signed LHSP Gio Gonzalez to a 5-year extension. This gives the Nats Gio through 2016, Jordan Zimmerman through 2015, and Stephen Strasburg through 2016.

Down the pipeline…   Alex Meyer, Matt Purke, Tom Milone, and Sammy Solis

That’s pretty impressive.

·        I guess the Giants proved again this past Sunday that you can play with the big boys with less talent. So did San Francisco and, while we’re at it, so did the Diamondbacks last season.

Eli and Company gave me reason to look forward to spring training.

·        I still can’t figure out if the Mets own the rights to Japhet Amador. He was in one of the camps this time last year and was then sent back to the Mexican league. He hit two more home runs Saturday night in his MWL playoff game, where he’s hitting .382.

Another ex-Met, Cory Aldridge, hit three home runs in the same game

I'm not going to ask for donations anymore in these posts. I'll keep the box up but I've dropped it to the bottom of the page
What hurts the most about the comments are the fact that I can determine the ISP number of those that anonymously post and they have turned out to be my pears. I observe most of them on twitter, sharing tweets, getting along, and respecting each other. All I have seem to have done is earn their contempt.
Moreover, I'm going to step back and reassess what I do here This takes the lion share of my mental game each day.







1 comment:

Mike Freire said...

The Gio Gonzalez move is interesting with a lot of variables at stake.

Aside from the obvious move from the AL to the NL (normally seen as a positive for pitchers), at this stage I don't see the Nationals being much more competitive then the A's were.

Then, there is the pressure of "living up" to the hype surrounding the trade AND the extension he just got.

Plus, I think the Nationals' home park is a better hitter's park then the "offense suppressing" A's park.

I think they will be happy with him, overall. But, doesn't it make you wonder why the A's would deal a young starter in the first place?