1/5/12

MLS Bonus Baby - Mock



1. Astros ($7.2M) Byron Buxton OF - Under new management, I'm not sure which way the Astros will go, but at this point, Buxton is garnering a lot of attention as the best position player on the prep side. While I'm not completely on his bandwagon yet, I like him here.

2. Twins ($6.2M) Mark Appel P - I am a Twins fan. I like Giolito, Zunino, Marrero and several others here. I don't want Appel as a Twins fan. This means they will take Appel. I see him as a guy with a lot of potential that won't live up to it. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't get a good feeling.
 3. Mariners ($5.2M) Lucas Giolito P - The Mariners play in a good park for pitchers. The fact they seem to be avoiding power hitters and instead of keeping marginal pitchers like Doug Fister play up, they are taking dominant pitchers who will be even more dominant in their park. Giolito and his King Felix like Curve will fit well in Safeco.

4. Orioles ($4.2M) Kevin Gausman P - Gausman is a potentially dominant college arm. Add that to the pile of arms in Baltimore and a few of them have to work out. I like him better than fellow LSU standout in the AL East, Anthony Ranaudo.
5. Royals ($3.5M) Deven Marrero SS - The Royals have a ton of young talent, but none of them are a true short stop. Colon fits better at 2B and would be a heck of a double play partner for him. 

12. Mets CJ Hinojosa SS - After deciding not to go to Texas, Hinojosa will be eligible for the draft. The Mets are kind of starting over and building up the middle with Nimmo last season and Hinojosa would be another block in their foundation.
for the rest of the list...

No comments: