12/6/10

Gillick in HOF- Miller falls 1 Vote Short


By David Rubin

Although deserving of entry, the fact that former GM Pat Gillick got into the Baseball Hall of Fame on his first ballot and MLBPA Guru Marvin Miller fell short of entry by one vote yet again sums up succinctly why the voting for the Hall STINKS!!! I've decided that until the system is corrected or until this mistake in voting is rectified, to boycott what used to be one of the happiest places in the world for me. My late father and I took our last father-son road-trip to the hall back in 2004, and I'd prefer to keep that as my lasting memory of that sacred place, so until this travesty is corrected, you can count on the fact that I won't be sending in my membership check this year!! Maybe my $100 bucks isn't that important to them, but if a couple of thousand outraged baseball fans did likewise, maybe something would happen to rectify this sooner, rather then later. Three of the most deserving (in my opinion) players/ambassadors to the game in Buck O'Neil, Gil Hodges and Marvin Miller are now on the outside looking in, and only Miller remains alive and able to attend a ceremony, which we now know probably won't happen in the 93 year olds' lifetime. An unfitting fate for such an important and hall-worthy person...

No comments: