11/9/11

Dirty Laundry - I May Be Wrong, But…


Dirty Laundry:

1. Two veteran Mack’s Mets writers, Charles Thompson and Phlavio, have returned. Both take a more edgy approach to evaluating their favorite team so wear a cup before reading. Also, Miquel Rivera, from the “METROPOLITAN’S” Facebook page, has also joined us. Lastly, a new writer, Christopher Soto will begin to write next week. Phlavio will be posting every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10am EST.

2. I heard from long-term Mets blog legend, David Rubin, and he said he will be returning to Mack’s Mets “soon”. He’s been working a tough gig, running a  legendary jazz club in Compton, and just hasn’t had the time to blog. He should be back real soon.

………………………………………………………….

I May Be Wrong, But…

1. I see that the Mets laid off 10% of their office staff this week. Figures. Fire someone that makes $30k/yr. in NYC but make sure Bobby Bo’s check is in the mail. We’ve seen this before when one of our writers here, David Rubin, had two of his relatives off’d for no reason. I’ve been there as an owner of radio stations and, trust me, it’s less of a quick fix in a bad economy. My only solution then is the same as Wilpon’s now. Sell.

2. Talked to Tyler Howe. I asked him how his rehab was going. He said: “Hey, I rehabbed for 16 months and it popped again in June, I was suppose to have another surgery July 5th and I retired July 4th. I now am the head pitching coach at Kirkwood Community College (Cedar Rapids) and starting the next career!  http://www.kirkwoodeagles.com/roster/9/3/485.php

3. I’m going to try and move past all this Jose Reyes and David Wright bullshit. It’s sort of like my stance on not writing anything more on F-Mart (DOH… just did…). Everyone in Met-land is being held hostage by these two dramas and, frankly, it’s the blog press that seems to doing most of it. I’m going back to trying to figure out where to play Daniel Murphy and whether or not Robert Parnell’s teammates will ever stop calling him Bobby.

5 comments:

Hobie said...

Speaking of rehab, any word on Ike D?

Mack Ade said...

I've been told that Ike will be 100% in January

Michael S. said...

Great news on Ike.

Christopher Soto said...

Thanks for the shout out Mack...I'll be taking a look at where important prospects should land in 2012. The AAA and AA teams have the potential to be extremely good in 2012 me thinks.

Charles said...

Heaven help us if Ike gets hurt again or if his ankle doesn't fully heal.