11/11/11

Mack’s 25-man: RP Bobby Parnell



First of all, on “my” team, Parnell is not the closer.

I just have never seen that kind of fire in him. I really don’t know him and I can’t remember one single conversation I have ever had with him (frankly, I avoided him in the clubhouse because he lockered near Tobi Stoner, and Stoner hates my guts).

I still wish they would have kept him in a starter role. 2008 was the last time he started for a full season (Binghamton) and he went 10-6.

The Mets have other plans for future rotations, so I’m sure they aren’t going to stretch him out, but I still feel this was another Aaron Heilman decision.

This all being said, I can easily slot him into the 8th inning role. Hitting 100 consistently works for me, even if the pitch is straight as an arrow. Hopefully, the Mets minor league pitching coach is…  oh yeah… still none hired.

That’s 15 down, 10 to go.

No comments: