7/5/12

I May Be Wrong, But…



1.     You ask 10 scouts before the season started which NL-East team had the most depleted farm system and all 10 would have told you the Marlins. Now, after the Carlos Lee trade, there basically is no one left. John Sickles had (in December) 3B Matt Dominguez 5th with a B-, and LHP Rob Rasmussen at 6th , also with a B-. More important, Sickles had no one as an A or even an A-. I hope I’m not visiting my mother-in-law when this team blows.



2.     My thoughts on Chris Young… the reason he might not be able to get past the second time around the lineup is his lack of power fastball. Most pitchers are able to mix this pitch into their repertoire from the beginning of their outing and thus, keep the batters guessing that a 92+ pitch is eventually coming. He can’t.



3.     The relief pitching failed again. Has anyone thought of making young the 2 inning, max two times around the lineup guy and bringing up Matt Harvey?



4.     July 4th was relatively quiet around my home, though there were come used condums in the garbage can this moning inside the clubhouse where I’m writing from this morning, . The marine base of Parris Island opens up the place free of charge for people all day through the fireworks and offers free food drinks, rides for the kids, tours of the firing range, music, etc. They end with a major confined showing of fireworks. A great idea all military bases should consider.



5.     I don’t open up my email until I catch up on my thoughts that I wrote down to add the night before. Hopefully, one of my writers added something for today. One post every two hours, ending at 12:01am the next day gets tough to do all alone.



6.     We are working a plan right now. *am EST is the Mets minor league report, followed at 10am the newly revised “I May Be Wrong, But” feature. I then fill in results of minor league games until around 1pm followed by what Stephen Guilbert writes (if) every day. The draft/college stuff is usually after 8pm through 12:01am the next morning. What’s left is what happens throughout the day.



7.     I received a telephone call yesterday from a reader on the way home from the Mets game. The call was marked ‘restricted’, so I answered it, thinking it was my mother-in-law. It was someone with a New York accent, yelling “hey Mack, we love your fucking site… I can’t stay long but just wanted to let you know we love what you do’. They hung up as fast as they came on. I don’t have a lot of knowledge about telephone fraud, so I deleted it as soon as it came in. I love hearing from you guys (843 683 0376), but don’t be afraid to leave your name or number. I won’t ever call it back, but, in the future, I’m not going to connect to ‘restricted’ numbers (can those get into my site and fuck it up?). 



8.     I hit a 20-year low of 185 pounds this morning. I no longer go to open casket funerals because I don’t want to remember people how they looked the day before they died. My good friends Johnny Low and Fletcher Johnson were denied my presence for that reason. The good news is someday I will die happy. The doctors have me on the equivalent of two 20-minute sessions on an opium pipe and six joints a day. That makes for a happy Mack.



9.     I’m adding later today my wife’s weekly column on food. She’s a syndicated writer for Morris Communications (bad money on a freelance basis) and I thought I’d help you all hone your cooking skills as well as the knowledge of Mets baseball. Okay, let’s go see what the sites/comments/emails look like.



10.                         Okay… no emails, no contact from any draft kids, no posts. 57 followers on Twitter, no comments… on to Thursday.

No comments: