11/7/21

Best of MLB Draft Database - 2022 - Q and A - RHP - Cooper Dossett



We’re talking this morning with Her-Ber High School (Arkansas) RHP Cooper Dossett. 

Dossett has impressed the scout early with  his explosive fastball, as well as an impressive ++ curve. 

He plans to keep it in the state if he chooses to attend college, verbally committing to the University of Razorbacks. 

Here we go. 

 

Mack - Hello Cooper. Before we get to today, tell us a little about how you have got to this place? When did you start playing baseball and when did you decide that there might me a future for you in this game? 

Cooper -  I started playing tee-ball when I was 5, and I have been playing ever since.  I have always loved to play.  When I was 14 I went to the MLK PG Tournament in Phoenix, AZ and set the event record for FB velo for a Freshman.  That was probably the first time I thought I might have a future in baseball. 

 

Mack - Moving on, let’s spend a little time about the people that influenced you on the way and any coaches you would like to send a kudo to for their instructions? 

Cooper -  My parents got me involved in baseball when I was young and took me all over the place for travel ball.  I have had great coaches my entire life.  I played in Coach Bubba Carpenter's organization growing up, and he was key in my development, especially early on and I still work with him today on hitting.  Coach Doug Willey has been the biggest influence on my pitching.  He really knows his stuff, and I credit him with helping me discover my ability as a pitcher and helping me maximize my potential. Coach Chase Brewster with the Arkansas Sticks has been a big part of helping me in the recruiting process, believing in me and seeing my potential. 

 

Mack - As far as I can tell, you have two dominating pitches… the curve and the heater. Which one of them do you think will become your go-to pitch down the road? 

Cooper -  My fastball, because of my metrics/numbers and my confidence in the pitch.  Also, my fastball sets up my curveball to be most effective.

  

Mack - You have been clocked at 96 on the mound and 100 from the outfield. Do you see any room for ticking up from here? 

Cooper - Definitely.  I believe I have more development and maturing physically ahead of me.

 

Mack - We all need improvement. Tell us about the things you are working on in the summer to improve your game next season? 

Cooper -  I am working on managing my workload to be healthy and recovered for games.  I am also working to improve each of my pitches, and specifically I am wanting to develop a slider/cutter.  I am also working to improve my mechanical flaws. 

 

Mack - And lastly… the question I ask all prospects. Let’s say you decide to go pro next year and I hand you a seven figure signing bonus check. What is the first thing, cash only, that you would buy out of that money? 

Cooper - I haven't ever thought about that.  I have a lot of hard work ahead of me.  We will see what the future holds. 

Thank you for your interest in me and taking the time to visit. 

--Cooper

3 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

Sounds like Cooper Dossett is one to draft. Piqued my interest, for sure.

Mack Ade said...

Hope.you will visit and comment on the new site soon.

Tom Brennan said...

I tried to post a comment on Crawford 3 X today on your site. Crashed each time. Not sure why since I have posted there before.