11/14/21

The Best of MLB Draft Database - 2022 - Q and A - RHP Jacob Miller Liberty Union HS

 


 I’m talking today to Liberty Union speed baller, Jacob Miller, who has been getting some major ink leading up to his senior season. 

The 6-2, 180 pound righthander has been throwing a consistent 94mph fast ball, but it is his 81-82 w/ 2500+ rpm spin breaker that his his bread and butter pitch. 

The Louisville commit has accumulated high school stat line of 48 2/3 innings pitched, with 69 strikeouts. 

I caught up with Jacob earlier this week:

 

Mack -  Jacob, tell us how all roads took you to Liberty? 

Jacob - Growing up in a small town this was the school that I have always attended.

 

Mack -   I love the 94 fastball. Do you see that ticking up this year and do you consider your curve your go to pitch? 

Jacob -  Yeah all spring and summer I was up to 95 most outings. This coming spring season I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 97+. My curveball is my go to pitch still but now I am just as comfortable with my slider and change up.


Mack -  What have you been working on this summer to improve your game in 2022? 

Jacob - I’m working on gaining weight and strength. Also just being as mechanically polished as possible.

 

Mack -  You already have an impressive K/9 ratio. Do you consider this leading you to a closer role in the future? 

Jacob -  I don’t see that leading me into a closer role as of now. Right now I love starting and want to be a full time starter.

 

Mack - Take this chance to tell scouts out why they should come and see you pitch and consider them for their team? 

Jacob - Scouts should come see me because I am an electric player who loves the game and plays with energy.

 

Mack - And last question I ask every prospect, when you go pro and receive a zillion dollar bonus, what is the first thing you are going to buy with that moolah? 

Jacob - The first thing I buy is definitely going to be a sports car. Not sure exactly what yet, but something sick.

 

Don't forget, visit https://mlbdraftdatabase.blogspot.com/ for your daily fix of draft prospects.

 

4 comments:

John From Albany said...

Mack - thanks for sharing these great interviews from your other site. You are one of the top draft experts in the country.

Mack Ade said...

Thank you John.

Not one of the best but enjoying the direct contact with the players

Tom Brennan said...

Seems like a truly promising future MLB arm. Keep improving.

Mack Ade said...

He will be gone early on the second day.