Barnegat H.S.(NJ) LHP Jason Groome threw a 19 strikeout no-hitter on Monday with a last pitch 94-mph fastball (97 in first inning). And then... he was suspended for up to 30 days for transferring from one school (IMG Academy (FL) back to Barnegat where he played his freshman and sophomore season. Seems he didn't get permission from anyone for the transfer.
The rage of the college season continues to be Clemson freshman Seth Beer, who hit his 14 home run on Tuesday against Western Carolina
Cal RHP Daulton Jefferies is 'day to day' with a calf injury... I have him as the 23rd pick overall in the draft...
Fueled By Sports and Baseball Draft Report have both updated their mocks this week and we'll re-averaged the numbers into our new ranking -
The University of Miami became the number one ranked college team after this month's sweep of Clemson and North Carolina and one game win (other two games snowed out) against Notre Dame.
'U' is led by junior catcher Zack Collins (29-G, .424.583/.718, 7-HR) and OF Willie Abreu (29-G, .250/.333/.452, 5-HR).
D1's mid-season report (through 4-6 games) -
1. C Zack Collins Miami .410/.580/.680
2. 1B Jamerson Fisher Southeastern LA. .510/.618/.854
3. 3B Jake Burger Missouri State .405/.483/.760
4. SS Sheldon Neuse Oklahoma .396/.504/.708
5. OF Seth Beer Clemson .430/.538/.935
6. OF Anfernee Grier Auburn .430/.520/.670
7. OF Kyle Lewis Mercer .414/.547/.802
8. DH Will Craig Wake Forest .480/.570/.950
9. UT Luken Baker TCU .330/.450/.500
These were no new mock drafts this week to add to the equation, so the current two players projected to be the Mets picks remain –