12/22/16

Mack Ade – My Holliday Message To You



Good morning.

Well, I’m almost 100% again and it’s amazing that nothing has happened in Mets World since I went down for the count.

I spent three days lying in bed, coughing, blowing my nose, and spitting up phlegm, hoping that Sandy and Company would pull the string and get us either a legitimate centerfield or at least another quality back-end reliever. I awoke this morning to find that this hasn’t happened… yet.

In my perfect word, the Mets would package one of their veteran corner outfielders (Curtis Granderson or Jay Bruce) with one of their young surprise starters (Seth Lugo or Robert Gsellman) for the services of someone like the Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen; however, those dreams were quashed when SNY reported that a deal like that just wasn’t going to happen.

Past that, there really isn’t much more to write about this time of the year. We could talk about the election, but we’re a sports blog not a wild west show. Or, I could write a post on my 2017 resolutions, but that’s for the following week.

Instead, I’m going to end it here and deal with my family and their needs though this weekend. I have to take my wife to Charleston for a painful procedure on Friday morning and then return Saturday to host our annual opening of family presents/family dinner on Christmas Eve. Mrs. Mack will be grounded for all the kitchen festivities while my daughter and I have put together an old fashioned Christmas Eve feast.

So, we’ll leave it here and just wish all our Jewish friends (and writers) a Happy Hanukkah, and, for the rest of you, a very Merry Christmas.

And lastly, I want to thank the four readers that donated $315.00 this December. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of you that participated in this year’s donation drive. For full disclosure, all money raised will be used on December 22-23 for travel and accommodations to MUSC Hospital in Charleston for a cancer procedure that will be performed on Mrs. Mack.

4 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

Best of health, best of everything, to you and your family, Mack. You are very much appreciated.

Keep an eye out for my article tomorrow if you can though :)

Reese Kaplan said...

However one chooses to celebrate (or not celebrate), this time of the year is good for reflecting what has happened and what you'd like to have happen in the future. Best of health to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays, Mack......you and your family will be in our prayers.

Mike

TP said...

Godspeed to the Macks and everyone at Mack's Mets. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and blessings to all.