12/13/17

Gary McDonald - I'M ANGRY


I’m angry and I know I should not be, we go through this every year with this organization, yet, I’m ticked off .  More so then any other year.  I am tired of hearing Sandy Alderson pontificating to the media  and sitting on his hands  and wait, and wait and then go shopping on the scrap heat for cast offs.  No more ,  I’m sick of teams around us getting better and Sandy sits waiting “for the market to come to him”  get off your butt and do something . Who do you think you are?  Mrs. Payson is spinning in her grave at what Alderson and this ownership is doing to this franchise.  YOU made the World Series two years ago. Most teams built on that but, not the Mets they tear down .  Maybe , they are afraid of success or maybe I’m just totally wrong ( it would not be the first time) , but I’m not happy and I’m sure there are a lot of other Mets fans out there that are not happy as well.  DO SOMETHING , anything at this point.
 
I’m tired of these leaks from the Mets trying to get you to believe they are “in”  every trade and free agent out there.  The truth is the fans know they are not.  So who are they fooling ?  Maybe we need a new PR department as well as a new GM.

Mickey Callaway seems like a nice man I just hope he can get nasty when he has to. It will be interesting to see what he does as the season progresses.


I have been a Mets fan since the beginning 1962.  I remain loyal to the Orange and Blue .  Sometimes it gets so damn frustrating that you have to vent.  Thank you for allowing me to do so.  Hopefully, future posts will be more positive and hopeful in nature.  

Until next time.

8 comments:

Chris said...

here here

Mack Ade said...

Gary wrote this before the signing today.

Hopefully, he is a little less pissed :)

Seattle Steve said...

The Madoff caper is ancient history...so there is no excuse regarding money... if we stay healthy is the real issue... its to early to dump D Smith and Wilmer ,TJ and Gavin can man 2nd base... but Cespedes has to play 150 games... what is really troubling is that we saw last year a salary dump and we got all these relief pitchers and not one is being mentioned for this year... as we all know new ownership is warranted.

bill metsiac said...

"we all"?

Like them or not, the only way for those that don't to get new ones is to change their team.

Would you be happier if you were a Marlins fan, watching the new owners trade away every player who has value?

TP said...

Gary, I agree and that is after this signing. Swarzak is a decent add, but the still need more reliable quality in the pen. Instead, they have found a bargain basement deal and are moving on to other positions, likely searching for more bargain basement deals. Why not add Reed now and have an elite pen? Nope, one reason only, cheap owners.

Tom Brennan said...

Gary, it is good to vent. Many are angry and frustrated.

Mack Ade said...

TP

Bargain basement???

TP said...

Absolutely. No knock on Swarzak. They need two quality bullpen arms or one plus a reliable innings starter. If they add a higher end bullpen arm like Reed, then the pen becomes elite. Essentially the I my firmula for affordable challenging the Nats. Just adding a guy for $7 million and moving on is cheap and bagmrgain basement same old Wilpon approach.