1/11/21

Tom Brennan - CARLOS CARRASCO'S RECENT PERFORMANCE


2020 was a very good, if short, season for SP Carlos Carrasco.

Why short?  Well, everyone's season was short.  Please don't get short with me for pointing that out.

I could, like so many, pontificate long and overly verbosely about all things Carrasco.  I won't.

I will, however, note a few things:

He says he is thrilled to be a Met.  I know, I already said that.  

Gotta love that - "THRILLED".

Secondly, he had a very good, if short, season in 2020 - but I already said that, too.

But how did he finish that season? STRONG.

His ERA jumped to an unattractive 4.74 on August 23 after a weak outing.

After that, though?

Six starts, in which he went 38 innings, allowed just 7 runs on 27 hits, including just 2 HRs, and fanned 43.  

I can almost hear Jake deGrom say, "Wait, those are MY numbers."  But nope, Carrasco did that.

How the heck would anything close to that look in a Mets uniform in 2021?  GREAT!

He says he is thrilled to be a Met.  

I say that I am thrilled that he is a Met.  

Welcome aboard. 

2 comments:

Zozo said...

I feel Cookie coming to us is going to work out so well for us if he stays healthy. He gives us a great number 2 for the next 2-3 years and will makes it easier if we don’t sign Thor or Stroman at the end of the year. I would feel even better if we sign Taijuan Walker for the next 3 years as well, so we have 3 spots filled for the future.

Tom Brennan said...

Zozo, maybe Walker will come on board this off season. We could do worse.