2/12/09

What To Expect From Mack's Mets




Hey guys, it's Mack.

We're about to get into the season, so I wanted to let all the new readers of this site what direction I will be going in once somebody yells "play ball".

As veterans of my blogs, you know that I specialize in the minor league Mets system. Therefore, most of what you will read here will involve the development of those players.

Here's how I plan to fill the pages here during the season:

1. I am the beat reporter for Morris Communications for the Mets' A-affiliate, the Savannah Sand Gnats. I attend every home game and will report here each day what I find out about that team, and its players, in particular.

2. I also receive press releases from all the Mets minor league teams, so I will be posting the actual press releases on the results of the game, probably the morning after the game is played.

3. I will continue to post my "Macks Facts" on individual minor league players. As you have seen earlier today, they include words written by other so-called experts. (I have noticed that a couple of you grade me a negative on some of these on SportsSpyder... I'm sure some look lame, but it's all the info I have and many of the family of the players come to my site to find information and pictures of their kid... please try to remember that not everyone gets as much press as players like Fernando Martinez...).

4. I will also re-print my "Mack Attacks" that are featured every week on www.flushinguniversity.com. Yes, most of that info was already posted individually and they all tend to be a week old, but not everybody who comes here roams SportsSpyder every hour. Feel free to look past that posting.

5. Naturally, if I hear any good gossip (like the name of "Junior" is still being hacked around...), I will post that also.

6. Lastly, I will keep updating my prospect list and deal up what analysis I feel is worthy of reading.

PLEASE... feel free to email me at macksmets@gmail.com, or here in the comments department, any suggestions on adding or subtracting info. I really don't think you need another Mets site talking about A-Rod. I'll primarily stay in the field that people like Toby Hyde specialize in... the minor league teams of the Mets.

Mack

No comments: