7/20/09

Q&A with Mack

email me at macksmets@gamil. com with your questions...



Mack, great post this morning. Living in Boston I am surrounded by Red Sox minor league teams that are not only good, but loaded with prospects. I go to the see the Binghamton Mets and and Buffalo when they make to Pawtucket and Manchester NH. I have to tell you, I noticed the sever lack of talent on both teams. Omar has a few stars in the minor leagues, and a few stars on the majorleague roster. But the depth of the system severly lacks. That has to be a reflection on him. Lets hope Adam Rubin's post about a shake up of the mets roster and front office is correct.

Derek


Mack: I'm sure you've followed my "report cards" this week on each position... I highlight when someone hits .300, or has a .375+ OBP, .450+ SLG, or .800+ OBP... it's sad how little highlight I have done... this past year's draft was Omar's worst... I track the top 400 prospects for the draft each year... only 5 of the Mets 50 picks were on my list... I have no idea what they were thinking this year


Hey Mack, enjoy your blog. do you think Flores will spend the entire year at Savanah, or is there a chance he gets sent to St. Lucie? Also curious why Thole is still at AA? what does this kid have to do to earn a promotion?

Joe

Mack: Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I think Flores will stay here. He's very comfortable here and just beginning to really come out at the A level. Plus, there's no rush. 20-year old Ruben Tejada will play AAA next year and be first in line to someday replace Jose.

Two reasons why Thole is still in AA... 1) broke his thumb 2) working hard on defense with his current coach.

It will be interesting to see how they handle Josh next year. If the Mets plan on him someday being a backup catcher, he is ready... if they plan on him someday being a starting catcher, he needs another year or two

No comments: