3/21/12

The Keepers - OF - Eris Peguero

OF Eris Peguero 


 9-13-11


 Interview: 


 2011 is Eris' first season with the Mets and all he did was come in ranked second in hitting for the DSL Mets. The 6-1 lefty comes out of La Romana, Dominican Repulic and will play 2012 as a 22-yer. old. Eris is just leaning english (way to do, Eris) and I cut the interview short because he was having a tough time understanding me. 


Mack: Good morning everybody. We're talking this morning with outfielder Eris Peguero, who just finished playing his first season for the DSLMets. Hola, Eris. How are you and are you back home now? 


 Peguero: Hello and good day. Thank God because I am well and I'm home resting since the season is out. 


Mack: Tell us about your first season with the Mets 


 Peguero: For me, it has been a great experience because it is my first professional season. I wanted this from my early age and thank God I make my first step as a professional. 


 Mack: You hit .308 for the DSL1 team in 237 at bats and also had only three errors in the outfield. Do you consider yourself a good defensive player? 


 Peguero: First, thank God that He kept me healthy throughout the season. I consider myself one of the best defensive players, but I acknowledge I have to learn a lot more I can still learn. I gain a little more confidence every day. 


 Mack: Well, thanks for spending a few minutes with me and good luck next season. 


 Nice kid. Stands a good chance in coming north next spring because of his age. Did you ever notice that the DR kids always thank God for the direction they are going? You would too if you grew up like they did.

No comments: