3/20/12

I May Be Wrong, But… Mike Pelfrey, Litigation, David Wright, 2013 FA, Bottom Line



 • I’m not going to overreact about Mike Pelfrey yet. It’s not like 2012 is going to be some season we’re all going to enjoy anyway. Pelfrey has never been a gem during camp and I don’t expect him to pitch this bad by the end of ST. It was interesting reading TC’s admission that he had asked Mike to crank up the velocity on Sunday. Does that mean he’s been holding back? The last think I want to see is any rotational overreaction here. In my book, your backups here in 2012 are Chris Schwinden, Jeremy Heffner, Collin McHugh, and Dylan Owen. Leave the kids alone and suck it up. 


 • Saul Katz said that “litigation is negative energy”. Not when you win, my man. 


 • Fred Wilpon asked the fans to “stick with them”. A great first move would be to exercise the 2013 option on 3B David Wright. This would give both parties ample time to figure out whether a new long-term deal is the way to go. 


 • It will be interesting to see if the Mets now participate like a big market team in the 2013 free agent market. Try to imagine how much easier things will be if you can add, let’s say, C Mike Napoli, and CF Michael Bourne.


Look... in the end, I don't really care who owns what... all I ever cared about was who played where...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's always been a problem with wilpon ownership though, the who and where.

Michael S. said...

agreed Anonymous....it's not some personal vendetta against the Wilpons, I just have zero faith that they'll be able to put a winning product on the field.

Mack Ade said...

I worked directly with the owners of the Steelers, Giants, and Eagles when I was in broadcasting and I can't tell you how hard it was to find an owner that stayed out of the field operations of his team.

Rooney was probably the best at this.

Mike Freire said...

Not that this will shock anyone, but enough with Pelfrey! He makes me want to puke, Linda Blair style! Ok, I feel better......Mike