6/3/12

Matt Garrioch - Final Mock

1) Houston Astros: Mark Appel, RHP, Stanford
Appel is a originally from Houston and I have heard that Luhnow and company have been following him hard. I would bet that Buxton is their #2 option.
Star-divide
2) Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton, OF, Georgia HS
If the Astros take Buxton, they may take Appel or Correa but I think Buxton is the pick here.
3) Seattle Mariners: Carlos Correa, SS, Puerto Rico HS
This is a tough call and I think they would take Buxton if he gets here but I think Correa gets taken here over the other college arms.
4) Baltimore Orioles: Kevin Gausman, RHP, Louisiana State
I think Gausman is the most likely choice here. They could surprise with Giolito but I think they take the big LSU righty.
5) Kansas City Royals: Kyle Zimmer, RHP, San Francisco
I think the Royals would prefer Gausman here but I think Zimmer is next on their board.
6) Chicago Cubs: Mike Zunino, C, Florida
This is tough. Correa could slip to them and they would likely take him if he is there but I think Jed and company would take the solid Zunino if he is there.
7) San Diego Padres: Max Fried, LHP, California HS
I don't see Fried getting past the Padres if the Cubs don't take him.
8) Pittsburgh Pirates: Lucas Giolito, RHP, California HS
I have heard Marrero connected heavily here but I think Pittsburgh continues to be aggressive in the draft here and takes the BPA.
9) Florida Marlins: Albert Almora, OF, Florida HS
The Marlins would likely be elated to get the polished prep out of their backyard.
10) Colorado Rockies: Tanner Rahier, SS, California HS
I have seen Courtney Hawkins here a lot and I leaned that way but Rahier really seems like a Colorado type of pick.
11) Oakland A's: Richie Shaffer, 3B, Clemson
The best college hitter in the draft has to be at the top of the A's board doesn't he?

12) New York Mets: David Dahl, OF, Alabama
Along the lines of last years choice of Nimmo, Dahl doesn't have quite the same potential but he is a solid choice here.

the rest

No comments: