Tom Brennan – SIGNS OF LIFE
Coming back home and the cavalry appears to be just over the hill.
Can the times of struggle be easing up for these Mets?
An old church tune starts out “Count your blessings, name them one by one.”
Let’s list down several reasons why good times for the Mets may lay just ahead:
1. Starters, led by deGrom, Harvey, and Colon, are doing well.
2. Steve Matz debut hopefully close at hand, should boost rotation.
3. The pen remains strong, with Black likely soon to be back.
4. Gee in the pen should further strengthen it. (Parnell? Dunno.)
5. Lagares has returned to hitting. Welcome back.
6. Grandy is banging out a bunch of long balls finally.
7. d'Arnaud and Herrera back soon. Bats are welcome.
8. Signs of life from Mayberry Jr.
9. Murphy injury could've been worse. Just 2 weeks? Hope so.
10. Flores a possible 30 homer guy? Not so far-fetched.
11. Duda hungry for home cooking. He’s due.
12. Cuddyer has improved offensively. Why stop now?
13. Nats ain’t so bad, to quote Rocky Balboa.
14. Campbell and Ceciliani both reached .200 Sunday – ahh, progress.
15. Mets have 52 homers in 58 games – without Wright/d'Arnaud. Not shabby.
16. Plawecki bat waking up, hopefully making case to stay when Travis returns.
17. Ruben Tejada has had a rebirth. Hopefully it lasts.
I could go on, but let’s stop there. What do you think, folks?