6/25/15

Conforto & Nimmo Named to Futures Game

3 comments
Helene Hassler
Binghamton Mets outfielders Michael Conforto and Brandon Nimmo will play for the US Team at the 2015 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game on Sunday, July 12 at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati. Conforto and Nimmo are the seventh and eighth B-Mets to be named to the game in the last five years.

The Futures Game, entering his 17th year in existence, puts the top prospects in the game on the national stage during Major League Baseball’s All-Star Week festivities.

Conforto, 22, has made a smooth transition since joining the B-Mets from the Florida State League in May. The Oregon State product has hit .346 with two home runs and 13 RBI in 22 games in the Eastern League. He has compiled a .448 on-base percentage and delivered two walk-off hits as a B-Met. Selected as the 10th overall pick in last year’s draft, Conforto opened the season with the St. Lucie Mets (High-A) hitting .283 with 7 home runs and 28 RBI.

Nimmo, 22, returns to the Futures Game after playing for the US Team in 2013 at Citi Field. Despite missing four weeks due to a sprained left ACL, Nimmo has hit .317 with two home runs and 11 RBI in 40 games with the B-Mets. Selected with the 13th overall pick in 2011, Nimmo is in the midst of a career-best 13-game hitting streak.

The B-Mets have had at least one representative at the Future Games in each of the last five seasons: Kevin Plawecki (2014), Noah Syndergaard & Rafael Montero (2013), Zack Wheeler & Wilmer Flores (2012), and Matt Harvey (2011).

3 comments:

Thomas Brennan said...

Congrats to Conforto and Nimmo. Next year, Dom Smith.

Paul Sewald deserves to go as reliever. Matz will be a major leaguer prior to the July 12 game, so he's not going :)

Thomas Brennan said...

Funny my prior post, and then I look a while later and see Matz is getting called up. About time.

Mack Ade said...

Hang on Tom... Matz isn't etched in stone yet.

Mack's Mets © 2012