3/11/17

Richard Jones- My 1st Time in Port St. Lucie, Including an Interview with Terry Collins.




O.K., an interview with Terry Collins is a stretch. He came over to a group of fans, which I was one of them. I asked him of Matz was pitching tomorrow and he anwered "yes, he is." I was hoping for some follow up questions but that never happened. I'm counting it as my 1st interview.
I was very impressed with the time Collins spent with the fans. I can't imagin many Major League Managers doing that. A good manager but a great man.





 

 After Collins left. I started over to another field. I was behind the right field fence. Someone yelled, heads up. I dunked behind the fence. The ball was well over my head. It hit high up a tree that was about 30 feet from the fence. I asked who hit that. It was Noah Syndargaard. Some serious power. The 17 pounds he added was very visable.





The highlight a great day for me was being this close to Harvey warming up. He looked strong and sharp. I don't know what his velocity was. They weren't posting any.



I don't have too much to say about the game. I did manage to catch Cepedes' home run swing with my Camera. Tebow made good contact once. I got to witness his first catch. He looked awkward. Granderson ran over to him and gave him a high five.

I hope to have more photos tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed them.

2 comments:

Mack Ade said...

Great pics!

Keep em' coming.

Tom Brennan said...

Nice photos, Richard. Next time, if Thor is taking BP, wear catcher's gear. We want to keep you safe!