7/2/09

Did The Mets Pitch Otis Redding Today?


Look...
I know in my heart that people in the Mets organization read me. I also know they read Adam Rubin, Matt Cerrone, Mike from Mike's Mets, Ed Ryan, Dave Singer, and a myriad amount of other Mets writers and bloggers.
I also know that me, Matt, Mike, Ed, and Dave could do better than this.
Let me try and go through this exercise again in hopes of somebody reading this:
1. The current Mets team is operating with less than half of their talent they have under payroll.
2. The Mets look like they will have no one hit 20 home runs this year.
3. When you operate with half your team, and no big bats, you have a team that will average around 4 runs a game tops.
4. Therefore, you simply can't keep pitching someone that averages over 6 runs per nine innings and win a division, even one that sucks this much right now.
5. I know the Mets don't know who to pitch to solve their problems.
6. But I also know the Mets know who NOT to pitch to complicate their woes.
7. Don't go by what's happening right now in Pittsburg. This is still a five run team, six tops.
8..DFA Tim Redding.
9. Call up Nelson Figueroa.
10. Play ball.

No comments: