7/5/09

Sometimes It's Hard...





















I know it's hard right now to be a Mets fan.


I actually live in a different world than most of you. People like Tej and Toby sometimes don't even know what's going on in Queens. A perfect example was a few minutes ago when I looked to see what time the Mets game would start tonight and found out it was already over. I was too budy writing my piece on Brandon Moore, and adding stat infor to the templates for my weekly recap, I didn't even know it was going to be a day game.


And, in addition, I really am a fan of the Mets system now, I still follow the Boys From Queens, but, ever since this became a job four years ago, I really don't live and die on every win and loss.


But, it's still a rough patch every Met fan is going through right now.


Try to look at the bright side:


1. Three of the four top bats on this team are on the DL. Most teams don't have four top bats. With Sheffield joing the team, the Mets have five (Wright, Beltran Delgado, Reyes, Sheffield). There's nothing any Mets fan can do about this. Three are down and so goes the team.


2. The bullpen has been respectable, even without the use of J.J. Putz and Billy Wagner. Both will return sometime this season, to a division that still is up for grabs.


3. Don't sweat losing a series to Philly. The Yankees have lost every game to Boston and that didn't stop them from chasing them all season. All the teams in this division will play each other a ton of times before this race is over.


4. Remember... the Mets are still pitching this season without an SP2. Oliver Perez should pitch better than Tim Redding. And eventually, John Maine will pitch better than where Fernando Nieve is heading.


5. Give Ryan Church the credit he deserves. And throw in kudos for Alex Cora.


I don't expect to wake up and read that the Mets have pulled off some blockbuster trade. No, this is the team we have and they need your support more than ever.


Hang in there, but if you can't...


you can always join me in the minors...


Mack

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Post!

Robert Johnson
http://superbaseball.blinkweb.com/

Wally said...

Go Gnats and Mets.