3/6/12

Fear and Loathing in PSL: Spring Training '12



It only seemed fitting that I should title this entry as a tribute to Hunter S. Thompson. Never has the "Fear and Loathing" title fit more appropriately to a sports franchise...

For those of you that do not already know I was down in Port Saint Lucie this past weekend. I was fortunate to be given a photographers field-pass by Mets' brass. The moment I stepped onto the other side of the gates and onto the field it made me realize just how much of a noob I really was. In fact, I was scolded by Jay Horowitz for getting too close to the players. I could not help but chuckle privately. In a setting where the average fan stands literally inches from the players, I, with the authorization to be on field, was too close to the players. That is hardly a complaint though, just an ironic sort of observation. But then again, the Mets have become somewhat synonymous with irony. Have they not?

Any obstacles and PR pitbulls overcome, I had the opportunity to take some great shots. Over the next several days I will share my experience of PSL with all of you, providing you with the pictures that will hopefully tell the story of "the good life" that is Spring Training baseball.

For now I leave you with the picture of Mr. Wright, scratching his head, a picture that just about sums up the quizzical nature of our beloved team. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Mack Ade said...

Jay Horvitz treat you like shit??????

Never happen....