3/6/12

I May Be Wrong, But… Brant Rustich





-By now, you all know that Brant Rustich has retired. There’s a lesson here. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how much talent you have. If your body breaks down, you have to move on. People always ask me how hard is it to become a major league baseball player and I keep telling them to do the math. This is a guy that can still hit 97, but no one can correct a structural abnormality that constantly brought numbness, pain, and weakness to Brant when he pitched. 750 people play major league baseball. There are 7,000,000,000 on earth. None play major league baseball with numbness, pain, and weakness. I’m very upset about this. Brant and I became online close over the years. There was no one in the organization that I rooted harder for. Another shit story in a shit Mets year.

Mack Ade

No comments: