Posted by Mack Ade at 9:26 AM
For some reason, Chris Soto didn't post this morning. Maybe he took an early Thanksgiving break.
Therefore, this shortened post will serve as the morning report.
BTW... we will be 'closed' tomorrow for the holiday.
John Sickles http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/11/23/9784990/new-york-mets-top-20-prospects-for-2016 is out with his current top 20 Mets prospect list and it’s far less rated than Mets prospect lists have been in the past.
1) Steven Matz, LHP, Grade A-/A:
2) Dominic Smith, 1B, Grade B:
3) Amed Rosario, SS, Grade B:
4) Gavin Cecchini, SS, Grade B-:
5) Brandon Nimmo, OF, Grade B-:
6) Wuilmer Becerra, OF, Grade B-:
7) Desmond Lindsay, Of, Grade B-/C+:
8) Marcos Molina, RHP, Grade C+/B-:
9) Milton Ramos, SS, Grade C+:
10) Luis Carpio, SS, Grade C+:
11) Ali Sanchez, C, Grade C+:
12) Chris Flexen, RHP, Grade C+:
13) Eudor Garcia, 3B, Grade C+:
14) Andres Gimenez, SS, Grade C+:
15) Gregory Guerrero, SS, Grade C+:
16) Akeel Morris, RHP, Grade C+:
17) Jeff McNeil, INF, Grade C+:
18) Matt Reynolds, SS, Grade C+/C:
19) Max Wotell, LHP, Grade C+/C:
20) Jhoan Urena, 3B, Grade C+/C:
A few observations…
I was surprised to see that SS Luis Guillorme was left off this list. I consider him much more of a shortstop ‘prospect’ than either Reynolds or Carpio.
I also found it surprising that Sickles had Rosario listed as a shortstop. Does he know something we all don’t know?
Other than that, it’s the usual list of subjects.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.