7/3/13

Mack Ade - The 25 Man - Crespo vs. Ade




A friend of mine, Susana Crespo, posted what current members of the Mets would make her 25-man next season (http://metshotcorner.com/2013/take-em-or-leave-em-near-the-halfway-point/). Her list: Josh Satin, Daniel Murphy, Omar Quintanilla, David Wright, Andrew Brown, Marlon Byrd, Juan Lagares, Eric Young Jr., Matt Harvey, Dillon Gee, Jeremy Hefner, Zack Wheeler, Jon Niese, David Aardsma, Scott Rice, and Carlos Torres.

That’s 16 guys and no Bobby Parnell (she’s trading him).There’s a complete rotation in there, three relievers, an infield, and three outfielders.

My rotation would have Rafael Montero instead of Hefner and I would either trade him for depth or keep him in Vegas as an emergency 6th starter. Someone always gets injured, right?

I’m going to add Jack Leathersich and Travis d’Arnaud to this list, plus I’m holding onto Parnell until the phone rings and I can replace him with two, I repeat, two 25-man quality players.

I’m now up to 19… I have five relievers, and one catcher.

On my team, d’Arnaud (bats right) has to be both healthy and real. The system also has choices for a backup. Mine would be Francisco Pena (bats right), but you could name Juan Centeno (bats left) if which side of the plate the backup catcher hits from is critical to you (it’s not to me).

I’m adding Cesar Puello as my right field starter. He’s got the rest of this year to play around in Vegas and then serve out any suspension MLB hands down to him at the beginning of next year. Either way, it doesn’t change the fact that he has now convinced me that he can make it big in baseball.

I’m taking Satin off my team because, IMO, he’s going to seek employment elsewhere. I’m also not ready to give up on Ike Davis (though I’d leave him in Vegas for the rest of the season). I would trade Lucas Duda but I have no idea what return I would get.

My sixth reliever would be Jenrry Mejia, who’s rehabbing as we speak.

I’m now up to 22 players… 5 starters, 6 relievers, 4 infielders, 2 catchers, 5 outfielders. I need two more infielders and one more relief pitcher, but I also need to find a replacement for Brown as my fifth outfielder. My hopes is this will be Lagares and either a trade of Duda or something else Sandy Alderson pulls off gets me a quality left fielder to put out their every day with Young and Puello.

The only other move I would do is to add Justin Turner until someone better comes along.

Now, things don’t look that far off and I’d get on the phone.

No comments: