8/26/22

The Mack Report - IL Relievers, Keyshawn Askew, Howie Rose on Expansion, Mark Vientos, Fran Tanana, Max Clark, “We’ve Created An Angel”


There are reports coming in that both relieve pitchers Tommy Hunter and Drew Smith are on schedule to return soon. 

Smith (right lat strain) has reached the aggressive phase of long toss, while Hunter (lower back tightness), threw a live batting practice session on Wednesday. 

 

LHP Keyshawn Askew has faced 80 left-handed hitters this year & struck out 40 of them. 

 

Ending Tuesday night, the Mets went 18-9 in  27 games in 26 days. 

 

Starting this Thursday: 

Braves have 37 left also, games vs playoff contenders: 

3 at Cardinals, 3 at Mariners, 7 Phillies, 3 at Giants in SF 

Mets have 3 Dodgers, 3 at Brewers 

 

Howie Rose @HowieRose 

I’m telling you, sooner or later they will expand to 32 teams and my prediction is that there will be a radical realignment. When that happens, the American and National Leagues as we know them will cease to exist. 

 

Christopher Soto @SotoC803 

Mark Vientos splits in 2022 

vs LHP | .346 AVG/1.181 OPS, 21.1% K rate

vs RHP | .268 AVG/.798 OPS, 31.9% K rate 

I mean....that a clear as day lefty mashing DH platoon player if I ever saw one. 

 

From OldTimeHardball - 

In 1977 California Angels hurler Frank Tanana authored 14 consecutive Complete Games

 

As a freshman at the 2020 WWBA World Championship in Jupiter, Max Clark hit .375 and made the All-Tournament Team in his first Perfect Game event playing for Team Indiana. That’s when he said things started to change. More love from coaches and scouts within the game, more followers online from people who admire his game. In the first re-rank of the 2023 class after that trip to Jupiter, Clark jumped from No. 51 overall in the class to No. 7. 

Then he won Gatorade Player of the Year in Indiana as a sophomore. After that, video game-like numbers all summer long on the travel ball circuit. By the end of the summer, he was the No. 1 overall player in the class. 

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=21186&s=03  

 

“We’ve Created An Angel” 

Model Kelly Kay, who was the girlfriend of late Oregon tight end Spencer Webb, announced Monday that she is pregnant with Webb's baby. 

But there is a catch here. 

The problem is Webb died after falling and striking his head on rockslides near Eugene, Oregon. 

Webb was 22 years old. 

"We created an angel before heaven gained one," she wrote in the caption. "All you ever wanted was to be a father… I know you’ll be the best one from up above. Can't believe I have to do it without you but knowing I'll have a piece of you keeps me going. I can't wait to meet the person that's half you, half me. I love you forever, both of you." 

Following news of Webb's passing last month, Kay posted a heartfelt Instagram post dedicated to her boyfriend. 

"My best friend my twin flame the love of my life," she wrote in the caption. "I've never loved anything as much as i love you. You were my everything, you gave me purpose, you showed me what it’s like to be cherished and valued and seen for me." 

"We had so many big plans," Kay continued. "I don't know where to go from here but I know you'll be watching over me keeping me strong. You always put everybody else before yourself and I'll try to hold the same kindness in my heart."

8 comments:

Mack Ade said...

Yes

I have brought back the Mack Report

May not be daily

bill metsiac said...

I'm glad to see it. I hope that means you're on the road to full recovery.

I fully agree with Howie. I've been hoping for that for a long time. MLB should operate like the NBA and NHL. with "natural rivals" in the same division. Mets/Yankees, Dodgers/ Angels, Giants/ A's, et al.

But I disagree with Soto. If his Vientos #s are correct, and the kid is hitting "only" .268 vs RHPs, that doesn't shout "platoon".

Mack Ade said...

Still waiting final labs on something called lymphisites

bill metsiac said...

Good luck!

Tom Brennan said...

Ditto

Tom Brennan said...

Vientos is 22 and missed 2020. I put no limits on him offensively.

I’ll worry about 32 team scheduling when we get there.

Tom Brennan said...

Braves are beasts. Mets cannot have one ounce of complacency.

Anonymous said...

So 2023!Vientos DH,Baty 3B, Alvlarez,catcher…..