6/5/09

In A Mets Lull

This happens to me just about the same time every year, especially under the supervision of Omar & Co.

Every year, you're pumped up to put out the best and most info you can on this team, and when you start to get close to the minor league all-star break, you take a long look at the parent team instead of the kiddies.

And every year it's the same thing... lots of injuries... age issues... platooning none all-stars... high ERAs from projects, chemistry problems... you know, the Mets.

The Pirates series was a shot to the head, plus I've been real busy with the draft coming up and most of the local schools I cover here in South Carolina have graduation this week. So, the body is full of negative waves and the last thing I needed was a three game wipe out by the Iron City's equivilant to the Long Island Ducks.

This all started for me the weekend the Mets traded the house for Kris Benson and Victor Zembrano. Same kind of situation this year... second place... will probably be around 5/6 games out... real questionable pitching.

I can't see the Mets screwing it up that bad this time, mainly due to the fact that the system doesn't have enough A rated AAA/AA prospects to put a decent deal together. F-Mart's in Queens, Jon Niese looks like Jon Tesh, and the world isn't ready for Bradly Holt yet.

No, this is the team we'll have to work with and my next story will probably be about an aging shortstop no one else wants.

I have a graduation ceremony to attend tonight at Hardeeville High School, where my Lady Hurricanes went to the State Championship this year.

Looks like this will be the best I do this weekend.

Mack

No comments: